Where should we consider staying?
When you are looking at Vail for your vacation, we want to make sure you know which area works best for your family or party. If you have visited before, you may already know where you want to find your lodging. Even so, you may want to try another area.
Lionshead has had great improvements over the past years and getting on the ski mountain is pretty easy.
Golden Peak can be a good area for those that want to put their children into the ski school program. It is lower elevation than at the top of the mountain at Lionshead – thus a little warmer for younger skiers.
Price? Location? Amenities? Ski storage? What is important, needed, required or just nice to have – for you. Most of the time, our guests talk with us about what they want to pay for their vacation. They have ‘nice to have’ items – and of course, we want it all, right? Why not ask?
So as you go about your planning, some things to keep in mind.
Price – Budget
Some of the things that affect the price of a condo or apartment in Vail or Beaver Creek are talked about here. The nightly price ranges in all areas now – due to so many renovations of homes. If you are introducing yourself to the area for the first time and want to keep the price lower for accommodations, you might want to consider staying on the north side of Interstate 70.
What makes the price per night go up or down?
- Size of the home – more bedrooms equates to higher pricing
- Privacy – seclusion is possible but makes the place you are staying more expensive
- What the home has in it – how nice is the home, when renovated and other improvements. Newer homes and renovations of course expect a higher rate per night.
- Distance for you to walk to the mountain – plan on the home being higher per night if you walk to the ski slopes. If you walk across the skier bridge on I-70 or ride the bus to the slopes, your nightly rate would go down. Some love the bus system and some just don’t have the time to wait or want the hassle.
- Onsite amenities – things you want like a hot tub, breakfast, property staff and a pool. This one can vary widely and in some cases you can get all of these in a lower cost property.