Town of Vail Areas
Aerobics, weight training, yoga, pilates and other forms of fitness and exercise training are within your reach during your stay in the Vail Valley (here we include the cities of Vail, Avon, Edwards and Eagle — they are easily accessed on interstate 70). Whether you are renting a home or condominium or in a building where many amenities are present, you might want to branch out to fully satisfy your personal training needs.
Depending on where you are staying in Vail for your ski or summer vacation, you have quite a few options for your exercise and fitness goals. In many cases, you will have on-site exercise equipment so be sure and ask about it. In other cases, you’ll need to drive, take a taxi or use the bus system to get yourself to some of the facilities.
Otherwise, there are full sized exercise locations that are happy to work with you on a daily or weekly membership.
Vail Village – Vail Colorado
- Vail Athletic Club (located in the Vail Mountain Lodge)
- Sonnenalp Resort (on-site exercise facilities)
- Lodge at Vail (on-site exercise facilities)
- The Sebastian (on-site exercise facilities)
Cascade Village (West of Vail Village) – Vail Colorado
- Aria Fitness Club – Yoga Classes, Fitness Equipment and Training, Pilates, Indoor Basketball, Indoor Tennis and racquet sports (squash and racquet ball). Short term parking in the parking deck and also a short walk from the free Town of Vail bus system drop off.
Out of Town – requires transportation
- The Avon Recreation Center (rec center) – (970) 748-4060, located in Avon, this gym or exercise center offers all options and includes swimming.
- Public Running Trails – there are nice places to go for a jog or run in Edwards. You can park in the Riverwalk complex (easiest to park underneath in the parking deck) and exit the east side of the parking structure. Here, you look toward the river (north) and walk until you see the trail. You can run a short distance or a few miles on the trail easily. As you become more familiar with the area, you will find that you can add on mileage and more difficult terrain.
- Dogma – an up-scale gym where you can gain access to high end weight training equipment and classes. There is an on-site bicycle training room where the local cyclers train during the snow season.